Established by Oakland University
Oakland University authorized its first charter school in October 1996. Since then, OU has opened eight more charter schools, with a combined enrollment of almost 6,000 students in the Metro Detroit area.
Oakland University authorizes schools that complement its own mission and goals. Among those primary objectives are to:
- Educate a diverse body of students
- Maintain quality academic programs
- Develop/implement innovative instructional strategies and demonstrations of learning
- Increase community outreach and collaborations
- Engage in continuous planning and evaluation for self-assessment
For more information on Oakland University, and their charter school office, visit their website at http://www.oakland.edu/psa.